What Personal Information About Customers Does JTL Music Productions Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at jtlmusic.com. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses jtlmusic.com. A number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit Web sites anonymously. Although we will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience at jtlmusic.com if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these tools exist.
- E-mail Communications: If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please contact us.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of jtlmusic.com features, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Does JTL Music Productions Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below.
- Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, and processing credit card payments. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to log off when finished using a shared computer.
Which Information Can I Access?
jtlmusic.com gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with jtlmusic.com for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As stated above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of jtlmusic.com features.
- You can add or update certain information in your account.
- Products are available that offer anonymous browsing. In addition, the Federal Trade Commission provides useful information about online privacy on its own Web site.
jtlmusic.com does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell childrens products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use jtlmusic.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Information You Give Us
You provide information when you search, buy, or contact us. For example, you provide information when you search for a product; place an order through jtlmusic.com; make a purchase; provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address when shopping with us); communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; and employ other Personal Notification Services, such as Order Notifications. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been shipped, including addresses and phone number; e-mail addresses of other people; content of e-mails to us; personal description; and financial information, including Social Security and driver license numbers.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access easily at jtlmusic.com include up-to-date information regarding recent orders; personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, address book); e-mail notification settings (including Order History and Product Notifications).